*SEE FITTING INSTRUCTIONS BELOW*
THE REVOLUTIONARY POWERspring PEDAL KIT
LOF have designed an affordable, cost effective pedal assist spring that reduces the weight of the pedal significantly.
THIS IS 45% STRONGER/ LIGHTER THAN THE LAND ROVER OVER-CENTRE SPRING AS FITTED TO TDCI VEHICLES
– 45% lighter than OEM “Pedal assist spring”
-80% lighter than no spring at all! (When retro fitted to TD5/ 300Tdi etc)
1. Does the POWERspring fit my DEFENDER?
The LOF POWERspring will fit Defender models 300TDI, TD5 and also TDCI PUMA vehicles.
In order to double check that it will fit, simply take a look at your clutch pedal:
- If the clutch pedal arm is a flat sheet of steel in terms of profile – IT FITS!
- If the clutch pedal arm is a U shaped formed steel profile, unfortunately it wont fit, but there is a solution! Simply remove the older 200TDI style pedal box (6 bolts in the footwell) and refit with the later style pedal box – Part number SKB500280 (sold separately)
2. How easy is the spring to fit?
5-10 minutes to fit
You will need:
- 2 pairs of mole-grips/ Pliers (ideally long nose)
- 1x medium flat headed screw driver
- 1 suitable sized pole/ something to wedge the pedal down
See our step-by-step fitting video below.
3. Drawbacks ?
The only drawback to the POWERspring is – “Even the wife can drive it now”!
We post out the POWERspring Pedal Assist Kits by Royal Mail.
Wedge the pedal down to the floor using a piece of wood/metal bar (Perfect length is 50cm)
Remove any existing coil spring or original over centre type spring.
Start by removing the tab on the pedal lever (not essential but makes fitting easier) by bending back and forth
Once the bushes are installed, start by clipping the spring into the pedal bush.
Rotate the spring round and use some good quality long nose mole grips or pliers to push the spring towards the bush.
Once the spring has started into the bush, use a flat headed screwdriver to apply pressure while removing the mole grips- then push the spring further into the bush.
Now use another pair of mole grips to retain this side of the spring to stop it moving.
Now grip the other side of the spring and push it into the bush hole- on this side we prefer to pull the spring from the bottom of the footwell into place.
Once the spring is fitted into all 3 bushes, make sure it is seated centrally. If the pedal box ‘tabs’ are spread wide apart, they can be bent inwards to give a tighter fit as shown! (Pedal boxes are varying in dimension due to fabrication tolerances.